Castle Estate Agents are pleased to present to the market, this architect-owned, 2-bedroom home on Bath Street, Irishtown. The house has been reorganised for contemporary living with generously-proportioned, light-filled, open spaces over three floors. The main living space is raised to first floor level with its dual aspect offering direct sunlight all day. Upstairs is a generous, master bedroom floor with an en-suite and closet. It is roof-lit with a dual aspect and enjoys glimpses of the pigeon house towers. Downstairs is a private bedroom with separate bathroom and under-stairs utility area. The ground floor was used as a home office for years until family required a second bedroom. It has the potential to be converted to a fully separated home-work unit, an independent residential unit or a commercial premises subject to planning permission.
When purchased by its current owners in 2004, the property was in need of complete renovation. It has since been completely re-wired, has had a new gas-fired central heating system fitted, new double-glazed, mahogany windows fitted, a fully-insulated, concrete sub-floor installed, new independent foul drainage connection, new independent mains water connection, new bespoke fitted kitchen with integrated appliances, integrated washer/ dryer and storage under stairs and fully insulated attic.
The property benefits from an extremely convenient location. Sandymount Village, Ballsbridge and Beggars Bush are all within a 10 minute walking distance and offer a vast array of supermarkets, coffee shops, restaurants and boutiques. Grafton Street shopping district is just a 30 minute walk. DART, LUAS and buses are all within a short walk with wider city locations easily reached via the Eastlink/ Port Tunnel. The airport is only 20 minutes’ drive. On-street car-parking on Bath Street is free.
Many services and amenities on the doorstep of the property.
Excellent investment opportunity.
Within a short walk of Sandymount Strand and Grand Canal Dock.
Regular bus routes service the area.
Ground floor: entrance hall with bin and cleaning store and coat hanging, second bedroom with window to side garden, fully tiled bathroom with bath and shower, washer/ dryer with generous under stairs storage. Porcelain floor tiles throughout ground floor with oak staircase to upper floors.
First floor: Light-filled main living space including fitted kitchen with solid oak countertop and integrated appliances, open shelving to staircases, dining area and seating area with large window seats. Engineered, African-oiled, wide-board, oak flooring.
Second floor: Master, double-bedroom with en-suite and walk-in clothes storage. Roof light with glimpses of Poolbeg chimneys. Large hot press with storage.
Small, gravelled garden to side of house with tree, enclosed by cast-iron railings on granite plinth wall.
Locality: Ringsend Park and Irishtown stadium 2 mins walk. Tennis courts, basketball courts, running track, football pitches, playground, 25 acres of parkland.
Dublin bike station 9 mins walk
Sandymount strand 10 minute walk
Lansdowne Rd Dart station 12 mins walk
LUAS Point Village 15 mins walk
Grand canal dock 15 mins walk
Castle Estate Agents Ltd. for themselves and for the vendors or lessors of the property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1) These particulars are set out as general outline only for guidance for intending purchasers or lessees, and do not constitute an offer or contract or any part thereof and none of the statements contained in the particulars as to the property is to be relied on as a statement or representation of fact.
2) All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and any necessary permission for use and occupation and all other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers or tenants should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them. Maps and plans are not to scale and measurements are approximate. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be grounds for a claim for compensation, nor for the rescission of the contract by either the vendor or the purchaser. They are issued on the understanding that all negotiations will be conducted through the firm.
3) In the event of any inconsistency between these particulars and the contract of sale, the latter shall prevail.
4) The vendor/lessor does not make or give, nor does any person in the employment of Castle Estate Agents Ltd. have any authority to make or give representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property.
5) Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise state) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the purchaser/lessee shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction.
6) The terms, Vendor and Purchaser, where the context requires shall be deemed to refer to Lessor and Lessee and Landlord and Tenant respectively.